You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Video, photography and images
The photography/images used on the pages of our website are typical of our accommodation. The generic photography/images are indicative of what the accommodation looks like and room sizes, layouts, fixtures and furniture may vary. The soft furnishings used in the photography/videos are not included in our offering. For information about what you will get in each room, please refer to the features section of the property page. For new properties that are in the process of being built, computer-generated images or artist’s impressions may be used to represent what the properties will look like on completion. The content and footage within videos are correct at the time of filming. Imagery is illustrative of properties, rooms and facilities only and individual rooms may vary in layout and content.
This privacy notice applies to personal data collected by Downing. It does not apply to personal data collected by third parties through individuals, other organisations or via other websites.
Who we are:
Downing is a leader in the construction, development, provision and management of high quality purpose built student accommodation across the UK.
You may provide personal information to create an application and to set up payments with Downing. Personal information which you provide to us may be used in the following ways:
- To create and process an application for accommodation
- To allocate and create a tenancy agreement, lease or licence
- To create a payment schedule and process payments
- For audit and statistical analysis
- For events and offers
- For fraud prevention
- For debt collection
- For the provision of personal contents insurance cover.
We will use the information provided to create a tenancy agreement or licence offered by Downing. We will use the information to manage your account and to contact you when necessary throughout the duration of your contract. We may also check and share your information with local authorities, statutory bodies and in relation to Downing Students, education establishments such as colleges and universities.
Third party information.
- We will share your information in the following ways and where necessary.
- To local councils, statutory bodies and universities as required.
- To insurance brokers in the provision of insurance
- To debt collection agents, our solicitors or Guarantor for outstanding debts.
- To the preferred internet / Wi-Fi service provider to Downing.
How long do we keep this data?
Unless there is a specific or legal requirement we will not keep this date any longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected or for which it may be further processed.
Your personal information:
- You have the right to request access to your personal information.
- You have the right to update your personal information.
- You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any queries or complaints about how we use your personal information please contact us at email@example.com.